So have you started making your gifts yet? I’m all stashed and have started to complete my projects, but sometimes it can seem so daunting, especially when you have 6 pairs of eyes that could easily spy on what you’re doing.
Actually, my gang doesn’t want to see what I’m doing because they don’t want to ruin their fun. It’s so nice, but I still have to wake at the wee early hours of the morning to accomplish my gifts so as not to ruin it for them.
- a small tin or recycled container to store it in (about 3 oz. size)
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- 1/4 c. arrowroot (you can use cornstarch, but it does not work as well)
- 4 T. coconut oil (best source is Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label)
- 15 – 20 drops of your choice of essential oils (mix it up, make it fun!)
*for ladies we like: geranium, rose, lavender, rose, lemon, orange, ylang ylang
*for gents: patchouli, sandalwood, peppermint, orange, lemon
- 8-9 oz. spray bottle
- 8 oz. distilled water
- 1 T. witch hazel (I purchase through Vitacost – tons of items right to your door! )
- 20-30 drops essential oils (see above suggestions for scents)
Mix up and pour into bottle. Shake before use after a shower or bath.
Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
- 6 – .5 oz. tins or small container
- 1/3 t. cocoa powder
- 4 T. coconut oil
- 3 drops vitamin E drops (or use a pill)
- 3/4 T. honey
- 15 drops peppermint oil – food grade
- 1.5 T. beeswax
Place all ingredients in a double boiler (I use a thrifted pot for my bath & body products) and warm until all is melted. Place a small amount in a container and put in your refrigerator to see if you like the desired consistency. Fill containers and you’re done!
She also made a beeswax candle using an thrifted punch cup, local beeswax and candle wicking. Just melt the beeswax in a crock pot (I found an extra one at a garage sale for $2), set your wicking and pour. You can even add scents, like cinnamon, orange, clove…you get the idea. No paraffins for us!
- 1 part comfrey root
- 1 part St. Johns Wort flower
- 1 part Calendula flower
- 1 pt. almond oil/olive oil
- 1 small jam jar
Steep 2 oz. mixture in 1 pint of oil for two weeks (set in a sunny windowsill). After two weeks, place mixture in a double boiler and over VERY low heat, warm for 1 hour. Strain. To each cup of herbal oil, add 1/4 c. grated beeswax or beeswax pellets. Check consistency by placing a tablespoon portion in the refrigerator – add more wax or oil as necessary. Pour into container – small jam jars work perfect.
Solid Scent (for 1 oz. container)
- 1 oz. sweet almond oil
- 1 t. melted beeswax
- 20 drops of main essential oil (ex. ylang ylang) – 10 drops of complimentary (ex. orange) 5 drops of additional complimentary (ex. rose)
Mix together and pour into tin or small container. You can increase the amount by doubling, etc. to fit a larger container, but the 1 oz. size is perfect.
You can also check out my Pinterest board for tons of recipes and ideas.
Hope you have fun mixing up goodies for your loved ones and friends and I’d love to hear what you whip up!